Buddhist Insights takes the COVID-19 pandemic very seriously. Because of our commitment to doing our part in stopping the spread of the virus, we have been following the guidelines set by the CDC as well as New Jersey State for communities of faith and the general public. These are some of our safety protocols:
- Face coverings and social distancing are required while on monastery grounds
- Frequent handwashing is encouraged, and hand sanitizer is provided
- Commonly used surfaces are sanitized daily
Retreats & Events
- All public, indoor events (including retreats) have been canceled until further notice. At this time, our indoor space does not permit social distancing and effective ventilation for more people than the resident community.
- We have prioritized outdoor events. As the weather gets colder, however, outdoor gatherings will also become limited.
Visits & Residencies
- We are accepting private visits by individuals or families on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you are interested in arranging a visit.
Residencies are open for people who can stay for a month or longer. In addition, they must produce a negative COVID-19 test administered no more than 72 hours before arriving at the monastery. Click here for more information on our residency program.