Get in Touch with Us
Public Transit from NYC
Many Transit apps, including Google Maps, will present a multitude of options for commuting to Empty Cloud, which can be confusing. The options presented below are the most straightforward, affordable and fastest options.
This is the most affordable way to get to the Monastery.
The PATH train connects to multiple Subway stops in Manhattan (World Trade Center, Christopher St, 9 St, 14 St, 23 St, and 34 St). Note: The PATH train to/from the World Trade Center station does not operate on the weekends; there is a replacement ferry/bus between Exchange station and the World Trade Center station. Download the PATH train app for more details.
- Take the PATH Train to Newark Penn Station for $2.75 (You can pay with a pay per ride cash MetroCard. Unlimited cards will not work.)
- You can take an Uber/Lyft for about $10-$12 directly to the Monastery;
- … Or take the NJ Transit Bus #73 for $2.55
- take NJ Transit bus 73 to the ‘Ridgeway Ave at Northfield Ave’ stop (Stop #19512, right in front of the Delta Gas Station [Google Maps])
- Walk 8 min to the Monastery
- Port Authority Bus Station to West Orange (Coach Bus Route 77 Schedule)
- West Orange to Port Authority Bus Station (Coach Bus Route 77 Schedule)
- Tickets are $9.15 and can be purchased online, at Port Authority, or on board (only $10 bills and smaller bills is accepted)
- The bus leaves from Gates 412-413 at Port Authority in Manhattan
- Take the bus to Northfield Ave-West Orange Arena Stop
- The bus stop is a 15 minute walk to Empty Cloud
- Take NJ Transit Train (“Morris & Essex” Green Line) from Penn Station to Orange station for $6.75 (30min)
- As soon as Train arrives at Orange Station, call an Uber/Lyft directly to the Monastery for $6-8 (10 min)
- …. OR Next, take NJ Transit bus 73 towards Livingston/Florham Parkat Main Street at Day Street stop (Stop #17387) to the ‘Ridgeway Ave at Northfield Ave’ stop (Stop #19512, right in front of the Delta Gas Station [Google Maps])
- Walk 8 minutes to Empty Cloud
During weekday peak hours, the Town of West Orange provides a free shuttle bus from/to South Orange train station.